Redevelopment of the former Moiola school property brings with it many benefits to the city of Fountain Valley as well as nearby neighborhoods.
- Removal of a blighted area;
- Increase to neighboring property values;
- Creation of a new one-acre, public park at no cost to taxpayers;
- Relieving local safety concerns with redevelopment of vacant property;
- Creation of quality new housing opportunities in Fountain Valley;
- Contributing school fees to the district in addition to funds from the sale of the school property; and
- Providing additional funding through city fees that can be used for services like public safety, infrastructure and street improvements.
Moreover, the additional housing will help the City of Fountain Valley meet their Regional Housing Needs Allocation as established by SCAG.
We strive to be cognizant of our nearest neighbors by:
- Meeting or exceeding all parking requirements;
- Protecting privacy with increased setbacks for all lots adjacent to existing neighbors;
- Planning 7,200 square foot lots for the entire Western edge property;
- Maintaining and improving existing pedestrian linkages to and through the property; and
- Proposing less than 80 homes in order to ensure less traffic generation than an operating K-8 school.